Wednesday, May 21, 2014

DIY Embellishment Boxes

I'm working on expanding my embellishments but I need ORGANIZATION/storage.

clic on pic to enlarge


I have 24 of these boxes, I've had them a long time (forgot I had them)





but I need more and they have been discontinued and I couldn't find them anywhere (ebay, etc.)
OH MY!!! What is a crafter to do??
SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAKE YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!
DUH! why didn't I think of this YEARS AGO????
I've lost count of how many embellishment containers I've purchased and it didn't work out for one reason or another...aaarrrggghhh!!!!!!! Wasted $$$$$$$$....never again.... 
I made my own!!
 Now, I'll always have an embellishment container!!!
WHOOPIE!! HURRAY!!!!  
I went to the silhouette store and looked at the 3d boxes and decided on #38007.
The original was too big so I shrunk it down.
PERFECT!!!! PERFECT!!!!!!












I deleted all the side panels and your left with 3 pieces (lid and 2 box panels)
I shrunk the size of the lid to 3.25"w x 3.45"h. Then the first box shrunk to 2.19"w x 2.84"h then the 2nd box shrunk to 2.19"w x 2.83"h.  As you can see in the photo above they are almost the same.
When its all put together  height: 1 11/16" 
                                      width: 1 3/8"
                                       depth: 5/8"

SUPER COOL HUH?????
Whats nice about making your own? I can adjust the box size as needed for my embellishments and I can always make more. I was able to get 3 boxes out of one 8.5 x 11 piece of cardstock. CHA CHING!!! LOTS OF $$ SAVED for other crafts!! HA HA HA HA
WAIT! till you see my embellishments in the boxes in my drawer!!!!
SO BEAUTIFULLY ORGANIZED!! LOVE IT!!!!
Yes, I also have a cricut but I didn't feel like searching all the cartridges/handbooks for the proper box.
I'm sure theres a cricut cartridge that has one somewhere. 

1 comment: