Thursday, August 25, 2011

thinking of you

clic on pic to enlarge
Decided to make some cards to send to family.
supplies:
SU cardstock;lovely lilac,summer sun, regal rose and glossy white
LSS; beige,black, metalic silver cardstock and vellum
Chomas Creations; black mini marker and embossing kit
            
I cut the pencil (smiley cart) @ 3.39h. notice on the yellow part of the pencil I took my stylus and scored lines to give it ridges like a real pencil and hi-lighted it with ink. I didn't care for the black band below the eraser so I cut a strip of silver metal cardstock instead. The wording on front the letters are from plantin schoolbook @ .75h and I used the chomas creations black mini marker on glossy white cardstock.
I wanted to do something different inside. So GLAD I did, I LOVE EMBOSSING!!!! Chomas Creations Embossing kit is the GREATEST!!!! OH MY!!!! Embossing is going to be my new thing!!! I LOVE IT!!!
the letters are from plantin schoolbook @ .50h and I put a 3.75 x 3.75 frame around it so I would know where to cut but I liked the embossed frame so I took my trimmer and trimmed around the frame. the spiral design in the corners are from Don Juan and I put those there to hide the glue dots. Neat idea huh? I like the play on words too.














3 comments:

  1. That is just toooooo stinkin' cute!
    TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card!!! And it really is just tooooo stinkin cute!!! I particularly love the embossing on the transucent cardstock!!!

    Thanks for stopping by, I always love and appreciate your dropping by!!!

    ReplyDelete